Life is Beautiful

Friday, November 11, 2005

Times Of India

Times of India used to be a very good newspaper when Dilip Padgaonkar was the editor. After their propaganda marketing of Times Group and the overdose of Page 3, I decided to unsubscribe 3 years ago. Since the last few months, I have heard the same thing from many of my colleageus, so I am feeling good about that decision... I cant blame Times for the content quality because, it is poor for most of the newspapers these days - Sakal's supplement today talks about 'Dravid - the shrewd captain' and no readable text underneath - a huge photograph.. May be they believe in 'A picture is worth thousand words'.

One of my friends had sent an email to ToI 5 years ago about www.timesofindia.com turning into a tabloid. I will post the text of that email, if I get time to dig it up!

Yuvraj Singh came good in the 6th ODI. He is a powerful hitter and can make any bowling look pedestrian on his day. He needs to be consistent or, else I fear he will be another Kambli. Well... dont flame me - I am not comparing their fielding.... ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home