Some Observations about food in US
I find that the food servings in US are really large as compared to other parts of the world. Sometimes I think that US belief is in quantity. Quality is also important part however, it seems like things are available in abundance and I get a sense that you cannot escape affluence. It is all about the volume.
While I was trying to find a way of describing my thoughts about this topic, I read R K Laxman's USA travelogue that has an interesting line about US. 'In US, you have to take extra efforts to be poor, your poverty will easily be wiped out by the affluence' He mentions a story of a old hippy whom he met in a public park. The hippy has consciously lived a life of poverty and he says that if the hippy does not try to be poor, he will be swept away by the rich affluence. The name of the book is 'Idle Hours'. I am finding it extremely good for my in-flight or in-transit reading. Good little collection of short stories, travelogues.
While I was trying to find a way of describing my thoughts about this topic, I read R K Laxman's USA travelogue that has an interesting line about US. 'In US, you have to take extra efforts to be poor, your poverty will easily be wiped out by the affluence' He mentions a story of a old hippy whom he met in a public park. The hippy has consciously lived a life of poverty and he says that if the hippy does not try to be poor, he will be swept away by the rich affluence. The name of the book is 'Idle Hours'. I am finding it extremely good for my in-flight or in-transit reading. Good little collection of short stories, travelogues.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home